When it comes to celebrations and living sparkly - you can always count on Roxy Owens to bring her A-game. Roxy Owens is the Founder and Designer at Society Social, a furniture and lifestyle brand based in both NYC and North Carolina. Roxy created Society Social from her love of entertaining with six originally designed bar carts. The brand has grown to a wide range of furniture, decor, and even hostess gifts, all with a fun and colorful flare. Let's just say we have been fans of Roxy's colorful vibes since the beginning, and have several of her gorgeous pieces in our studio!
We asked Roxy to share with us her four festive must-haves for getting into the holiday spirit. Read on to learn how to win the Society Social Sedgewick Bar Cart valued at $750 (includes shipping) alongside a $750 shopping spree worth of Loren Hope baubles! Giveaway is open to residents of the continental United States (
1. Go for the Red! Whether it's a small touch like lipstick, a sparkly stud, or a dress, you simply can't go wrong with a festive shade of red during the holidays! The poppy shade and subtle sheen makes this dress perfect for a party but the simple cut has made it a staple in my closet for years. It's been fitting for so many occasions from holiday parties to tv appearances!
2. Step up the sparkle. Everyday sparkle is a must but during the holidays I like to step it up with a dramatic drop earring or over the top statement necklace. The colors are unstoppable in the Loren Hope Holiday collection and my favorites are the Charlotte Earrings and the Betty Bow Short Necklace. I also love the Charlotte Studs for a daytime look!
3. Designate a signature cocktail. Stock your bar cart with the makings of your signature cocktail and you'll always be ready to host. For me that's Hendricks Gin, Grapefruit Bitters, and Fever Tree Tonic. See below for my favorite blood orange gin and tonic with a rosemary twist!
4. Have hostess gifts on hand. I stock up on our Society Social Champagne Cork Safes year round but they are especially handy during the holidays. Instead of bringing the obligatory bottle of bubbly, top it off with this keepsake to make your gift more thoughtful-- like your host!
Roxy's Blood Orange & Rosemary Gin and Tonics
- 1 part Hendricks gin (1.5 if I'm pouring :)
- 1 to 2 parts freshly squeezed blood orange
- Grapefruit bitters to taste
- A squeeze of lime and a sprig of rosemary
- Fever Tree Tonic